EXAMPLES OF PROTECTION OF OBJECTS OF THE CITY PLANNING COMPLEX
Automatic fire extinguishing in underground (built-in) garage parking should be provided in accordance with SNiP 21-02-99 «Parking of vehicles»:
6.28 Automatic fire extinguishing and signaling systems used in parking lots must comply with the requirements of the NPB 88-2001 *. The equipment of automatic devices must have appropriate fire safety certificates.
The type of automatic fire extinguishing system, the method of extinguishing and the type of extinguishing media is determined by the design organization, depending on the technological, structural and space-planning features of the protected space.
It is allowed to use self-operated modules and systems (powder, aerosol, etc.), certified in accordance with the established procedure.
6.29. Automatic fire extinguishing in the premises of vehicle storage should be provided in parking lots of closed type:
- Underground regardless of number of storeys;
- Above ground with two floors and more;
- One-storey aboveground I, II and III degrees of fire resistance with an area of 7000 m2 and more, IV degree fire resistance class C0 with an area of 3600 m2 and more, class C1 — 2000 m2 and more, classes C2, C3 — 1000 m2 and more; When storing cars in these buildings in separate boxes (allocated in accordance with 5.40) — if the number of boxes is more than 5;
- Built-in buildings for other purposes;
- In the premises for the storage of vehicles intended for the carriage of fuels and lubricants;
- Located under the bridges;
- Mechanized car parks.
In parking lots with separate boxes meeting the requirements of 5.40, when using in each box of modular fire extinguishing systems (self-service modules), automatic fire extinguishing of passageways between the boxes is not required, and these passages must be equipped with floor-by-step mobile fire extinguishers (such as OP-50, OP-100 ) From the calculation: with the area of travel on the floor to 500 m2 — 1 piece per floor, more than 500 m2 — 2 pieces per floor.