Since 1998 Moscow underground railway (METRO) is equipped and successfully operated with automatic fire detection and extinguishing system AFDES «Igla» developed and manufactured by EPOTOS association.
The system allows continuous monitoring of all fire dangerous compartments, transmission the data to display installed in driver’s room and discharge of extinguishing means.
All the data is stored in permanent memory of the system (the so called black box), and when a train arrives to depot the data is transmitted to the computer of underground traffic control service through modem radio channel.
The system also allows monitoring temperature of boxes of sets of wheels of train with indication of number of a car and a set of wheels.
100% of Moscow metro cars are equipped with automatic fire detection and extinguishing system «Igla».
Control Devices & Fire Extinguishing Systems (CDFS) «Igla-M.5K-T» with SKTB for Metro cars series 81-740/741
Consists of the following elements:
|1||CCIU M.5K-T||ПТКЛ.421428.001||1 pieces / 0 pieces|
|2||ICCU M.5K-T||ПТКЛ.424318.001||1 pieces / 1 pieces|
|3||LCU M.5K-T||ПТКЛ.421448.001||3 pieces / 3 pieces|
|4||“Buran-0,5” impulse dry powder module||1 pieces / 0 pieces|
|5||“Buran-0,3” impulse dry powder module||3 pieces / 3 pieces|
- CCIU (Central Control and Indication Unit)
- ICCU (Intermediate Central Control Unit)
- LCU (Local Control Unit)
- FD (Fire Detectors)
- FFE (Fire-fighting equipment: dry powder module)
- Communication harnesses
CCIU is intended for:
- For displaying and issuing to the operator (operator) in the form of text messages all incoming information from other components of the system with the definition of types of events and indicating the places of their occurrence;
- To control the start of the IST in automatic mode, as well as to issue a command to delay the start of the IST, if necessary;
- For storing information in non-volatile memory;
- For carrying out work on testing equipment during system setup and maintenance.
ICCU is designed for:
- For receiving and functional analysis of data from local control units;
- For in-system control and testing of system components located on the car;
- For monitoring the operability of communication lines with LCU;
- To control the extinguishing process in case of communication failure with the CCIU;
- To transmit information to the CCIU.
LCU is designed for:
- For receiving and processing information coming from fire detectors (FD) on the state of the fire situation in a controlled volume;
- For monitoring the operability of communication lines with thermal sensors and IST;
- To control the launch of the IST;
- To transmit information to the ICCU.
FD is designed for:
- Determination of an emergency increase in the ambient temperature in the protected compartments.
The FFE is designed for:
- Feeding the extinguishing agent into the protected compartments;
The FFE are:
- Dry powder module