Powder fire extinguishing modules «Buran-8T» are designed to protect buildings and premises of large volumes and areas, motor and luggage compartments of heavy-duty and road-transport vehicles, railway diesel generators, locomotives and other self-propelled vehicles, trailers.
Two models of Buran-8 are produced:
- «Buran-8UT» — universal, for use on transport, ceiling mount for objects with a ceiling height of 3 to 6 m.
- «Buran-8WT» — wall mount, for use on transport, providing a powder cloud in the horizontal direction at a distance of up to 8 m. For this module, the ceiling height of the object is no longer taken into account.
- Module Mass: 13 kg.
- Dry Powder Mass: 7,0 kg.
- Length: 260 mm.
- Width: 300 mm.
- Height: 385 mm.
- Protected area: up to 32 m².
- Protected volume: up to 64 m³.
- Actuation device can be electrical, thermal and combined.
- Actuation current: 0,5 A.
- Electrical resistance: 3,2 … 5,0 Om.
- The module has the function of self-actuation when the temperature reaches 180 °C.
- Operation Temperature: -50…+95 °C.
- Storage Temperature: -50…+50 °C.
- Service Life: 10 years.
- Module is considered to be the main element of fire extinguishing systems.
- Modules can also be used for fire protection of various stanionary objects (workroom, store house, industrial buildings, etc.).
- The “Buran-8T” is manufactured in a version for vehicles.